Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Remote system upgrade (RSU) with MAX10

VKoto
Beginner

Hello,

I want to try remote system upgrade according to document: AN-741 (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an741.pdf). I was create project in QSYS and I was generate HDL code. But now I have a problem with compilation in Quartus 17.1. Compilation was stopped on this message:

Error (12006): Node instance "altera_asmi_parallel_unsaved_generic_quad_spi_controller_0" instantiates undefined entity "unsaved_generic_quad_spi_controller_0_altera_asmi_parallel_unsaved_generic_quad_spi_controller_0_altera_asmi_parallel_unsaved_generic_quad_spi_controller_0". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.

Can I ask you what I am doing wrong? Source code is in the attachement. Thank you very much for your answers.

V. Kotora

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Delete db and incremental_db folder and regenerate the qsys system and compile the project.
  2. Save qsys system with appropriate name.
  3. Or recreate the project

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)rsuQSIPcom.JPG

0 Kudos
VKoto
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your answer but I haven´t resolve this problem. If I use yours project, it works fine. But If I change something in QSYS and generate HDL I have the same problem as before. Procedure here does not help. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Can you help me with this please? Thank you,

V. Kotora

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Delete db, incremental_db folder & the unknown folder created by qsys system in you project.(make sure you have closed the quartus.)
  2. Now you can open project with Quartus also open Qsys with unknown.qsys  file and save the qsys system has rsu.qsys and generate it.
  3. Import rsu.qip file  and compile

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
VKoto
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I still haven´t resolve this problem. I have note my procedure in pdf. In picture 4 you can see, that rsu_generic_quad_spi_controller_0_altera_asmi_parallel_rsu_generic_quad_spi_controller_0_altera_asmi_parallel_rsu_generic_quad_spi_controller_0.v is emty file. I think, that compilation is stopped because this file does´n created. I have no idea how can I create this file. Maybe some bad setting in qsys?

Thank you, V. Kotora

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try with Quartus18.1 and check, if you facing same issue.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

​

0 Kudos