Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Can't write MT25QU256 using ASMI Parallel IP

FatEs
Beginner

Hi,

I use EPCQL-256 replacement part MT25QU256 for A10GX AS x4 configuration. JIC programming and boot works so flash is working.

I am trying to implement ASMI parallel to write data to flash (user FW, parameters...). But I can't write to flash, I always read 0xFF.

My feeling is that erase fails somehow. Then WR can't work. But I don't get any illegal erase or write so I don't understand where is the problem :-/

I use quartus 17.0 standard and ASMI IP is running at 8MHz. (see attached image "ASMI_conf").

• Is there anything to do to enable MT25QU with ASMI?
  • is there any known bug about ASMI in Q17.0 std?

Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi,

In order for you to use Micron MT25Q device, you need to enable MT25Q support.

Please refer to following link to enable MT25Q support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/component/2018/how-do-i-enable-micron-s-mt25q-support-for-eol-of-epcq---256mb--.html

Kindly try it out with your design and let us know the result.

Thank you. 😉

0 Kudos
FatEs
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried with Quartus 17.0 and it did not work. But your link talks about Q17.1 and Later.

So, I installed Q18.1 and it works.

The problem is I use Q17.0 because my paid (3k$) license ended 2017.06. And also because I did not need a newer version. Consequently, Q17.1 or later are not usable now.

So, the conclusion is I need to buy a new license because Intel to get the last bug fixing. A bug created buy Intel who is stopping producing EPCQL...💔

0 Kudos