Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

Generating encrypted bitstream (.pof, .ekp) files for MAX10 10M50DAF484C6GES

SSing31
Novice

Hi,

I am using Quartus Prime Ver. 18.1.0 Build 625 SJ Lite Edition to create an encrypted bitstream for MAX10 10M50DAF484C6GES device according to the procedure outlined in Intel Max10 FPGA Configuration User Guide, AES Encryption, Generating .ekp File and Encrypt Configuration File. available at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sss1393988509894.html#sss1415685487643 Steps 1 to 10 work fine.

However, at step 11, clicking on Properties opens up the SOF File Properties dialog box, but it doesn't have the Bitstream Encryption on it. It only has a checkbox for Compression. I am wondering what have I missed? Is encryption supported by SJ Lite Edition?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Sudhir

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Sudhir,

proceed with below screenshots & steps provided in User guide,

here provide the path & name for .ekp file as shown in screenshot 3,

ekp.JPG

Now Step 14. You can the key with either a .key file or entering the key manually.

KEY_MANUALLY.JPG

Check Step 15.seriously : Read the design security feature disclaimer. If you agree, turn on the acknowledgment box and click OK

DISCLAIMER.JPG

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
SSing31
Novice

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your reply. I do not get the Bistream Encryption dialog box that you get when I click on Properties (see attached image). Please note that I have enabled Allow encrypted POF only in the Options/Boot info... dialog box.

altera_encrypt.png

Kind regards,

Sudhir

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Sudhir,

For Quartus lite edition, you need to request the license to enable the encryption option from the SSLC (Self Service Licensing Center). 

Refer the below link for SSLC,

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/contact.html

Here, provide details like , need of encryption feature license, host id or NIC, number of licenses whether fixed or floating type needed etc. 

Let me know, if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
SSing31
Novice

Great! Thanks Vikas.

Much appreciated!!

mgarrison
Beginner

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. I just tried logging into the SSLC and attempting this, but it won’t let me submit a request. It says I must enter a PO, License Code, or NIC ID to continue. I put in my NIC, but it says it’s invalid. I can’t get anywhere here… :-(

Any ideas?? I feel like figuring out how to actually get this license is harder than cracking the encryption!

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi MGarr4,

Perhaps, you can refer to this forum thread that has the same request:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000470hlA/i-need-a-license-to-enable-the-design-security-feature-for-quartus-thank-yousoftware-quartus-prime-181-device-cyclone-v?language=en_US&s1oid=00DU0000000YT3c&s1nid=0DB0P000000U1Hq&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0050P000008ASID&emtm=1542241285784&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0

You need to check your machine NIC information (MAC physical address) from command prompt by typing the command "ipconfig /all". There should be a few MAC physical address information. You can try each MAC physical address. Remove the hyphen (‐) in between the value and the alphabets should be in capital letters.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos