FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Fifo interface DE1-SoC

MCoen
Beginner

Hi,

I'm currently designing a fifo interface between the HPS and the FPGA of the DE1-SoC. All the programming is done but I'm constantly getting the value 2097152 back in my HPS with the status of the fill levels 1023. 

I followed the tutorial on https://hackaday.io/project/21604-fifo-interface-between-arm-and-fpga-on-de1-soc. I've added some code and screenshots with the results.

ENTITY receiver IS PORT ( reset : IN std_logic; clk : IN std_logic; ready : OUT std_logic; board : out sudoku; hps_to_fpga_readdata : IN std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); hps_to_fpga_read : OUT std_logic; hps_to_fpga_out_csr_address : IN std_logic_vector(2 downto 0) := "001" ; -- fill_level hps_to_fpga_out_csr_readdata : IN std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); hps_to_fpga_out_csr_read : IN std_logic; -- status regs read cmd hps_to_fpga_out_csr_writedata : IN std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); fpga_to_hps_in_writedata : OUT std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); fpga_to_hps_in_write : OUT std_logic; -- write command fpga_to_hps_in_csr_address : IN std_logic_vector(2 downto 0) := "001"; -- fill_level fpga_to_hps_in_csr_readdata : IN std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); fpga_to_hps_in_csr_read : IN std_logic; -- status regs read cmd fpga_to_hps_in_csr_writedata : IN std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) ); END ENTITY receiver;   ARCHITECTURE behaviour OF receiver IS signal data_buffer : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); signal data_buffer_valid : std_logic;   BEGIN   PROCESS(clk, reset) variable state : integer := 0; variable state2 : integer := 0; BEGIN if reset = '0' then ready <= '0'; state := 0; state2 := 0;   elsif rising_edge(clk) then if (state = 0 and not(hps_to_fpga_out_csr_readdata(1) = '1') and not(data_buffer_valid = '1')) then hps_to_fpga_read <= '1' ; state := 1; end if; if (state = 1) then -- zero the read request BEFORE the data appears -- in the next state! hps_to_fpga_read <= '0' ; state := 2 ; end if; -- read the word from the FIFO if (state = 2) then data_buffer <= hps_to_fpga_readdata ; -- send back data data_buffer_valid <= '1' ; -- set the data ready flag hps_to_fpga_read <= '0' ; state := 0 ; --6 end if; -- ================================= -- FPGA_to_HPS state machine --================================== -- is there space in the -- FPGA_to_HPS FIFO -- and data is available if (state2=0 and not(fpga_to_hps_in_csr_readdata(0) = '1') and data_buffer_valid = '1') then fpga_to_hps_in_writedata <= data_buffer ; fpga_to_hps_in_write <= '1' ; state2 := 1 ; end if; -- finish the write to FPGA_to_HPS FIFO --if (HPS_to_FPGA_state == 8'd8) begin if state=1 then fpga_to_hps_in_write <= '0' ; data_buffer_valid <= '0' ; -- used the data, so clear flag state2 := 0 ; end if; end if; end process;   END behaviour;

Anyone with some more knowledge who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Maikelqsys.PNG

HPS_output.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Currently I am reviewing the forum for any open questions and found this thread. I apologize that no one seems to answer this question that you posted. Since it has been a while you posted this question, I'm wondering if you have found the answer? If not, please let me know, I will try to assign/find someone to assist you. Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi @MCoen​ 

I am looking at this case, may I know if the FIFO is reset the beginning ?

Did you monitor the FIFO signal and your FSM signals in signltap ?

Here is another forum thread on rocket board discussing about read/ wrtie to on chip fifo from HPS, see if this help to answer your question.

https://forum.rocketboards.org/t/how-to-read-and-write-an-on-chip-fifo-from-hps-arm/849

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos