Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Compile Time in Quartus.

EEren
Novice

I have two almost identical projects in Quartus.

The first project compiled for 10 minutes, the second - for two hours.

The project compiled for two hours has info

Info (188005): Design requires adding a large amount of routing delay for some signals to meet hold time requirements, and there is an excessive demand for the available routing resources. The Fitter is reducing the routing delays of some signals to help the routing algorithm converge, but doing so may cause hold time failures. For more information, refer to the "Estimated Delay Added for Hold Timing" section in the Fitter report.

But how can I see form the report what is the problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kenny_Tan

​Can you try to opened the fitter report and check for the section "Estimated Delay Added for Hold Timing". Try to debug the issue from there.

0 Kudos
EEren
Novice

Yes I open and compare the reports in both projects. I don't see any big difference.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

​How about the resource utilization? Is both of the project same?

0 Kudos
EEren
Novice

Thank you. With this report I found the problematic module.

0 Kudos
EEren
Novice

Well..I removed the problematic module. Compare the reports - the two-hours-compiled project report looks even better.

Can't bit it.

0 Kudos
EEren
Novice

The problem is - when I clock different components from different clock domains - it takes for hours to synchronize.

How can I inhibit the clock synchronization in Quartus?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

put in more register in btw the components for synchronization, make sure you check your functionality after doing that.

​If those diff clock domain are not important for functionality, set false path.

0 Kudos