Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

USB Blaster II not showing up in Quartus under Windows 10

BBOUC1
Beginner
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BBOUC1
Beginner

The forum wants a question first... so I write the question down before I could give a working solution I found 😀

After migrating to Quartus II V17.1 on Windows 10, I noticed that my USB Blaster II was not showing in "Tools / Programmer" window.

I tried to reinstall the driver, unplug the Blaster, restarted Quartus : always same problem. In Device Manager, USB Blaster was displayed as working but Quartus could not see it.

And the solution is finally extremely simple : just start Quartus as Administrator (right-click on the shortcut, then choose "Execute as administrator" even if your Windows account is an admin one..

When you open "Tools/Programmer" menu, you may notice the USB device connection sound (even if the Blaster is already connected). After a few seconds (it takes roughly 5 seconds on my machine, which is quite fast... so be patient 💤 ), the Programmer window opens with the USB Blaster visible and selected by default...

Hope this can help others..

Benoit

0 Kudos