Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20637 Discussions

Stratix 10 GX setup issues

Eduard_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Please, help!

Brand new Stratix 10 GX board is not recognised as a PCIe device. Linux lspci doesn't show the device when device is plugged into ePCI slot.

BTS(Board Test System) doesn't see it in Stand-alone mode.

I used this guide to setup the device:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-s10-fpga-devl-kit.pdf

Any ideas how to bring it to the life? Can it be reset manually(without software) ?

Regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndyN
New Contributor I

Is the FPGA definitely configured with a valid (i.e. containing a PCIe instantiation) image?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would recommend to try the sof file that is provided part of the development kit installation.​

0 Kudos
Eduard_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions. The thing is that I can't program the device. When I run BTS it complains that "FPGA is not detected in the Jtag chain". Quartus Programmer detects device as 5M2210Z, but refuses to program it with bts_pcie.sof from BTS installation with this errors in its status window: "Error(18591): Can't recognize the Flash device that attached to device 1. The Flash device is not supported by Quartus Prime software. 

" and "Error(210009): Device 1SG280LU3F50S1 is not supported ".

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I suspect that you didn't enable the Stratix 10 device in your JTAG chain. If my understanding, is correct then please change the SW6.1 to OFF to enable it. You may refer to ​Table 5 of the user guide.

May I know if you are using Quartus Pro edition? If not, you will need to install Quartus Pro edition in order for it to support Stratix 10 device.

0 Kudos
Eduard_B_Intel
Employee

Yes, I'm using Quartus Pro latest version. I was able to make BTS and Update Portal web app working with the device. I uploaded bts_pcie.sof to the device, but I still can't see it in lspci output. Any suggestions how to solve this?

0 Kudos