Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Intel design tools and DO-254 certification

JFern9
Beginner

I would like to know if Modelsim-Intel (or previous Modelsim-Altera versions) can be used for DO-254 verification activities. If yes, is there any additional issue to be considered, e.g. tool validation? If no, is it needed to upgrade the simulator to Modelsim PE?

Same question for Quartus II/Quartus Prime Software.

At this moment I am using Quartus II web edition and ModelSim-Altera starter edition. For DO-254 certification POV, Do both versions, web/started and licensed, have the same functionality and characteristics?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
0 Kudos
JFern9
Beginner

Thank you Kyeoh

I had already had a look over this webpage, but I have not been able to find an answer to my doubts.

I am aware of the development flow stated by DO-254. My question is: If I plan to develop a bare VHDL FPGA, without using any IP or soft core, are the tools mentioned in my first message suitable to formally design and verify this FPGA according DO-254,? I mean, may I use the web/ starter SW versions or I need the licensed ones? Do I have to qualify the selected tools, whatever the type I use?

Thanks

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Allow me some time to consult the team.

0 Kudos
JFern9
Beginner

Thank you Kyeoh.

I am looking forward to your reply

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi, I received a feedback.

Intel Quartus Prime software do not natively provide code coverage, dead code, and formal proof analysis for DO-254.

0 Kudos
JFern9
Beginner

Are there an Intel-recommended set of tools to be used with your FPGAs for these tasks. What about the ModelSim-Intel

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Yes. You may use ModelSim-Intel to support DO-254 for FPGA designs. We typically just provide source code support to those doing DO-254 design.

0 Kudos