Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Quartus II License transfer from existing Pc to another laptop

tAh_k
Beginner

It is a 12.1 subscription version. I only have the licence.dat file. How could I proceed?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CalvinJoaz_P_Intel

Hi Tivon,

You can rehost or transfer a license from one computer to another. You can rehost

each license up to three times within your maintenance period.

Kindly check the steps in below link - Page 35 (4.5.4. Transferring a License File to Another Computer)

https://www.intel.cn/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf

Thank you.

0 Kudos
tAh_k
Beginner
Hi, All the procedures you suggests assumes the previous PC is still alive. That is not my case. I only have the licence.DAT file of Quartus. This is not covered by your manual book. I am stuck today. Rgeards
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Assuming your subscription is active, just copy the file to the new machine and point to it from the Quartus license settings. If it's not active, you'll have to go to the license management section of the website and renew your subscription, then download the new license.dat.

0 Kudos