Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

no "Report" window in Timing Analyzer

FHaye
Beginner

since version 18.* when I start the Timing Analyzer from the GUI, I no longer get a "Report" window to be visible, however if I start it from the file quartus_staw then I DO get the Report window. Problem is, when the main GUI is open it doesn't like that I'm starting the TA tool this way because the project is "already open". How can I get the Report window back when calling TA from the main GUI?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Do you mean the Compilation report? May I know what OS you are using?

0 Kudos
FHaye
Beginner

Win10-64b . Not the compilation report window in Quartus, the timing "Report" window in the "Timing Analyzer tool".

I have since figured it out, and I believe the behavior is different than it used to be. What happens now is that if I create timing reports in the Timing Analyzer Tool, their results are "sent back" to the main Quartus "Compilation Report" window, under a new section labeled "Timing Analyzer GUI". The old behavior I was expecting was that in the Timing Analyzer Tool itself, a new panel would be created called "Report" which would hold the results of all the reports that I asked for. Now that I see and understand what's going on, I actually like this behavior better because the report results persist even after I close the Timing Analyzer tool window.

Thanks!

0 Kudos