Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

IEGD Driver on 64bit Linux

BChri7
Beginner

Hi,

I have the IEGD driver working correctly on a 32 bit CentOS 5.2 installation but I cannot install the driver on a 64 bit version of the OS. When I load the module the machine crashes. I cannot find any mention in the documentation of 64bit Linux support.

My question is, is the IEGD driver supposed to be able to be installed on a 64bit linux system?

Regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hi BradC:

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Design Center Community. To channel you to the best point of support for your question, can you please advise which Intel® processor and chipset hardware combination you are targeting?

Thanks,

Felix

0 Kudos
BChri7
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We are deploying our software on servers with the following CPU / chipset:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7500

Chipseto Northbridge: Intel® 965GME Expresso Southbridge: Intel® ICH8M-E (Enhanced)

They are being supplied by MEN Micro, full product specificationare at: http://www.men.de/download/pdf/datasheet/02f018-ds.pdf

Regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
FRauh
Beginner

Hi Brad,

I forwarded your question to our developer and he´ll have a look into this issue.

bye

Florian

Customer Support

MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH

Message Edited by Florian on 06-24-2009 07:09 AM
0 Kudos
FRauh
Beginner

Dear Brad,

we did some research today and neither in the INTEL Download Center nor in the IEGD documentation 64bit support is mentioned. I assume you already had a look there too. We contacted INTEL directly and our distributer today for further assistance.

I´ll keep you informed here...

Florian RauhCustomer SupportMEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH

0 Kudos
BChri7
Beginner

Hi Florian,

Thanks for looking into this. I had already looked through all the IEGD documentation etc and have tried installing the 32bit binaries without luck (as expected). I have dealt directly with MEN while on this project through Mathias Beer and he knows all the details of the project.If you wish to contact me directly, my email address is brad.christiansen at thalesgroup.com.au.

Cheers,

Brad

0 Kudos
FRauh
Beginner

Hello Brad

I received the following message from INTEL this morning:

"IEGD doesn't support 64bit Linux distributions and officially, IEGD doesn't support and isn't validated for CentOS*. At times, customers can get non-supported distributions to function, but there isn't any support if there are problems.I'll close this issue now as 64bit Linux isn't supported."

Best Regards,

Florian Rauh

Customer SupportMEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH

0 Kudos
BChri7
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks very much for chasing this up for me.

Regards,

Brad

0 Kudos