Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

IEGD 10.1 on SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop/Server 11

VCaro
Beginner

Had anyone successfully worked IEGD 10.1 on SLED/SLES 11?

- kernel 2.6.27.29

- X.Org X Server 1.5.2

In my case iegd_mod.ko compiled using the IKM process but doesn't load due to "drm_irq_install" unexported symbol.

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Valcaro:

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community. It might help get an answer if you could say which Intel processor and chipset you are using?

Thanks

Felix

0 Kudos
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

You are either going to need to adapt the DRM patch needed for IEGD to your unsupported distribution, or change to a supported distribution. Fedora 10 is supported and uses a similar kernel and X-server versions (2.6.27.5 and XServer 1.5.3) as SUSE 11.

I would guess the kernel folks moved stuff around between 2.6.27.5 and 2.6.27.29 and you just need to fix IKM. It is unlikely anything major changed from .5 to .29 that affects the DRM patch other than just being moved or slightly changed- it should not be a major effort.

The 10.2 release will have a much more kernel agnostic patch process which might (eventually) make this sort of activity easier when it releases in a few weeks.

0 Kudos
VCaro
Beginner

Yes. It seems that Fedora 10 patched their DRM kernel modules.

Any ideas on where to get those patches? aside from comparing DRM modules on other/higher kernels from kernel.org.

0 Kudos