Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

VAX License for CAD-UL toochain x386

LPASC
Beginner

Hi

We always use a CAD-UL toochain x386 installed on an old VAX server for our developments. This VAX server is obsolete and we need to change it. We use now a CHARON-VAX/XM emulator and we need a new license key to install CAD-UL x386 compiler.

We know the support for this product was ended many many years ago but we need to use it yet.

Does anybody know how we can obtain a new license key ?

Here are Sotware versions and license number:

License number: C301X6XX62542

Software versions:

CC386 V 710A

AS386 V302A

LINK386 V227

OBJ386 V346

ABS386 V113

LIB386 V200C

LIB C V452

Many thanks for your help.

lrta001

0 Kudos
6 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hello, lrta001:

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

Wow, an old VAX. Haven't seen one of those in a while. We had another member with a similar problem. We found that unfortunately there is no way to create license keys. However there may be a partial solution. Check out this thread below and let me know if what's suggested in there could help you.

http://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/2516 http://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/2516" target="_blank">http://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/2516

Good luck,

Felix

0 Kudos
LPASC
Beginner

Hi Felix,

Many thanks for your help. I need more informations about your proposition.

You say you can enable us a standard version which includes compiler, ROM Monitor Debugger, Simulator ... This standard version is running on a CHARON-VAX emulator ?

Could you give me software versions of this standard toolchain ?

Thanks

regards

lrta001

0 Kudos
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hello

I don't have any other info beyond what is in that other post. So I don't know if it is running on CHARON-VAX emulator. Let me check. It might take a few days to find an answer....

Felix

0 Kudos
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hello again

I checked with my colleages at Intel and it is POSSIBLE they might help. No guarantee but they agree to try something. As you know this tool was discontinued many years ago. Only through some luck some of the original people from that team are still at Intel...

We will need you to send us a copy of the FLEXlm license file that is associated with the serial number that you stated... C30.... I will send you a private message containing the email address to be used for sending the file.

Felix

0 Kudos
LPASC
Beginner

Hello Felix

Many thanks for your help. I'm waiting for the email address to be used for sending the Flexlm license file that is associated with the SN of our CAD-UL toolchain x386.

Best Regards

lrta001

0 Kudos
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hi:

I sent you the email address in a community private message.

To access your messages, scroll to the top of this screen, and look for an icon that looks like 2 people. It is located on the right edge of the screen, next to "Bookmarks" and below the orange RSS button.

Let me know if you still don't find it.

Felix

0 Kudos