Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Where to download flash image tool (fitc) for Bay Trail?

DHend2
Beginner

Hello,

I am working on a Bay Trail design and need to make changes to the SPI flash. However, when when I use the new SPI flash the system does not boot. I think I need to update the flash descriptor to take into account differences between the old and new chips, but I can't seem to find the fitc tool.

I am not certain if it's due to access permissions or if the tool just can't be found easily by searching developer.intel.com. If someone has a direct link or detailed instructions on how to find it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, dhendrix_fb :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to provide you the information that can help you, could you please tell us the part number of the processors related to your request?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
DHend2
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the quick response. The processor is a Atom E3845 (family 06, model 37).

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, dhendrix_fb:

Thanks for your reply.

In order to help you, we will contact you via email.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
mnase
Beginner

i have this same question

where can i download fitc tool

flash image tool v8 and it's firmware

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, naseef:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to provided the information that may better help you, we would like to address the following questions:

Could you please tell us if the design related to your request has been developed by you or a third party company? In case that it is a third party device, please give us all its information.

Could you please let us know the part number of the processors and SKUs related to this situation?

Waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
mnase
Beginner

hi sir,

thanks for fast reply

my processor is intel core i5 mobile (i5-3320m)

with qm77 chipset

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, naseef:

Thanks for your reply.

However, based on our previous communication, could you please let us know if the project related to this request has been designed by you or a third party company? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please give us the part number, model , and where we can find the information related to it?

Waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos