Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

i210AT (on thunderbolt) how to change the PCIe "subsystem vender ID" and "subsystem ID"

ATsai15
Beginner

hello

I designed a Thunderbolt dock with i210AT LAN. I want to know how to modify the "subsystem vender ID" and "subsystem ID." I tried to run lanconfw64e.exe but cannot save.

Appreciate your help.

@

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Anderson.Tsai:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may help you is stated in the answers to the questions 2.21, 2.15, 2.14, 2.16, 2.23, and 2.25; on pages 9 and 8 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] document # 335346.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
ATsai15
Beginner

Dear Carlos

in section 2.23

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not all fields in the image are protected. Fields that are normally subject to change by the OEM, such as

the MAC address, PCI subsystem ID fields and LED customizations, can be changed without invalidating

the digital signature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can program the MAC address. But I don't know how to change the PCI subsystem ID field. Do I need pull down the pin12 to unlock the security?

Anderson

0 Kudos
ATsai15
Beginner

hi

I already knew the answer. Just use lanconf to change the offset 0xC.

thsnks

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Anderson.Tsai :

Thanks for your update.

We are glad that you have shared your solution to your problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question related to Intel Embedded products. We will be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos