Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

UEFI on custom board

LShar2
Beginner

I am in design phase of my board, I have a query regarding Intel ATOM E3826.

Do I need to have separate flash for UEFI or can I load UEFI and and my RTOS on same NAND Flash?

Do i need Separate storage devices for UEFI and RTOS?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Lalit_LFT :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand your questions, could you please clarify us why you want to develop your design in this way? Please give us a detailed description.

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
LShar2
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

I do not have any specific requirement, I am looking for options available with Intel ATOM..

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Lalit_LFT :

Thanks for your reply.

In order to be on the same page, could you please share us the documentation where the desired configurations can be implemented?

Waiting for your update.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
LShar2
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

I will update you on documentation.

As mentioned in Intel ATOM E3826 Datasheet, a maximum of 32 MB of SPI flash can be connected to processor.

My requirement application requiremnt is of 10MB. I am thinking of having UEFI and my Application in SI FLASH itself.

Is this supported in ATOM processor? or I need to to have separate storage device for my application.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Lalit_LFT:

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us paraphrase our previous request because we have researched any information that may help you without results, could you please give us a documented reference that your implementation has been made and validated?

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos