Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Does libGL_ga.so.1.2 support "GLX_SGI_video_sync" ?

HWada1
Beginner

Hello all,

About IEGD 10.3.1, does libGL_ga.so.1.2 support "GLX_SGI_video_sync" ?

I find the "GLX_SGI_video_sync" in libGL_ga.so.1.2 by using grep command. And I use this function, but there is no effect.

Please tell me if somebody knows about it.

Best Regards,

H.Wada

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If we take a look at the driver documentation (IEGD User's Guide for 10.3.1) we find there is an appendix D that lists the supported OpenGL calls. In the supported list there is only one acclerated GLX call listed so it looks like that particular one you are interested is not accelerated or handled by the driver so unless there is a software fallback in the OS to handle "punted" calls, it sure seemslike that would not do anything (did you get an error back from the call indicating not supported?).

You can also work with your field representative to get a copy of the IEGD "Technical Product Spec (TPS)" as that has a much more comprehensive list of supported and unsupported OGL calls listed. It lists a few more GLX calls as supported but none that are video_sync.

Looks like that answers why nothing happens when you make that call.

Hope this helps, Kirk

0 Kudos
HWada1
Beginner

Hell Kirk-san,

Thank you for your response.

I think that we planned to develop with Qt GUI tool on the ATOM Z510's board.

We are trying to use OpenGL function by using Qt. But Qt's OpenGL function use "GLC_SGI_video_sync" function.

So We decide that we stop to use OpenGL function for performance up.

Best Regards,

H.Wada

0 Kudos