Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1208 Discussions

82580 Transceiver 4 ports set to different types of interfaces

RDiva
Novice

Hello,

I'd like to set port 1 on my 82580 in 1000base-BX mode and the remaining 3 ports in SGMII mode. In my current hardware, I have wired the LAN0 MDC/MDIO lines to the PHYs. LAN0 is a 1000 base BX connection to a back plane. If I use Intel's pre-configured EEPROM files and manipulate them I am unable to get the configuration I want to work. Right now I have a test set up with the dual version of the 82580 and if I set both ports to 1000 base BX or both to SGMII then they work in two test set ups I have. I am unable to get it to work if I set one to 1000 base BX and the other to SGMII.

My final configuration will use a quad where first port is 1000base-BX and the remaining three SGMII.

Is there an EEPROM build with first port set to 1000base-BX and the remaining three in SGMII. I also need the MDC/MDIO access from LAN0 port to access the 3 PHYs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, divram:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on your previous communication, could you please clarify if the affected project has been manufactured by you or by a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party device, could you please give us the part number, model, and where to find its documentation?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
RDiva
Novice

Hello Carlos,

I work for Cornet Technology, Inc. and the hardware was designed and Manufactured by my company.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, divram:

Thanks for your reply.

We will contact you via email.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
RDiva
Novice

Thanks a lot,