Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

Debugging of Intel Atom E3815

gverm2
Novice

Hello,

How to debug the I2C debug signals (error codes) of Intel Atom Processor E3815 on pins GPIO_S0_SC[092] (SOC ball BH30) and GPIO_S0_SC[93](SOC ball BG30) ?

Is there any software/utility to debug these signals?

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, gaurav7931:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please let us know if this request is related to a technical problem? In case that your answer is affirmative, please give us a detailed description of the problem.

By the way, could you please let us know if the design related to your questions have been developed by you or it is a third-party one? In case that is a third-party implementation, could you please give us all the information related to it? If it is your design, could you please inform us the sources that you have used to develop it and if it has been reviewed by Intel?

Waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
gverm2
Novice

Hello Carlos,

My design is based on Minnowboard over E3815 processor. All power supplies are ok. on power up processor accesses the flash for approx 20msec. Then it stops..There is no activity over ddr signals....no signal on PCU serial port.... I observed some i2c signals over pins mentioned in last post.... These signals are observed just after processor stops accessing Flash. The I2c code observed is 100100001.

How to diagnose this problem?

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, gaurav7931 :

Thanks for your reply.

It is important to let you know that Intel can provide generic info to any third-party design because the proper information is handled by the manufacturers of these devices.

Due to this fact, could you please confirm if your device has been verified by the developer of the design that you have used as the base of your project?

Waiting for your reply to this question.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
gverm2
Novice

Hello Carlos,

We have not contacted with minnowbord community.... We verified the schematics with minnowboard reference and found no discrepency......

My question is very specific that can we use i2c signals (mention in previous post) for diagnosis ... If yes then how.

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, gaurav7931 :

Thanks for your update.

We have made a deep research through the available documentation, where is stated that the cited pins are reserved. This is the only info related to them. It can be found on pages 258 and 256 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/atom-e3800-family-datasheet.pdf Bay Trail Datasheet document # 538136.

Due to this fact, it is not possible to determine if these reserved pins can be used to diagnosis proposes.

Please keep in mind that this information is generic in this case, so you should confirm it and request more details to the developer of the project that you have used as the base of your design.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos