Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Problem with N270/945GSE , IEGD 10.3 and Mpeg1 files

TEnge
Beginner

We have a unit running XPe SP3 with the IEGD 10.3.1.1550 driver on a module that uses a atom N270 and a Intel 945GME.

We are having a problem with Mpeg1 files. In our app we display a movie file (using Directx) on one part of the screen and graphics and text on the rest. If I keep changing between different mpeg1 movies the unit will sometimes shift / blink the graphics on the other parts of the screen. If I just let it run (it switches movies every 60 seconds) then after about 1.5 hours the movies stop playing.

If the movies are WMV files then no problems.

If I go in to the Control Panel-> Display->Settings->Advanced->TroubleShoot and decrease the hardware acceleration so that DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration is off then the problem goes away. (This is why I think the problem is in the graphics driver).

I have also tried 10.4 drivers and 10.2 drivers and had the same problems.

1. Any ideas how to fix this? Is there another version of the driver I should try?

2. Is there a way to programatically set the hardware acceleration off like I do via the control panel. Since this is an embedded device it is hard for the customer to connect a keyboard and make changes it would be much better if I could make a app to make the change.

3. Is the N270/945GME still being supported? Where do I report this kind of problem or is this forum the place to do it?

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kirk_B_Intel
Employee

The IEGD driver is not actively being supported anymore. 10.x was the last version supported. If you can find a GMA driver, you might be able to give it a try.

For example x32 is:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16835&lang=eng&wapkw=945gme https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16835&lang=eng&wapkw=945gme

Seems to be the 14.32 series that supports 945GME - This combination is not tested and may not work but you could give it a try.

Something else to keep in mind- there is NO driver intervention for video decode with IEGD and 945GME so your crashes may just be issues with XP/XPe and video. Do you see the same issues if you run XP instead of XPe? We found that the process of doing the embedded XP can accidentally unload needed pieces for higher level functions that can lead to this sort of issue. Testing with XP would confirm if that is the issue.

0 Kudos