Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Receive message problem with EG20T CAN Driver

KHung1
Beginner

Dear all,

I am developing a c# application on a E660T + EG20T Single Board Computer with XP Embedded. And I am using 2.7.0.0 CAN Driver.

In this application, I create a thread to received can bus message and write down the time sequence only.

Then, I using other computer to send can message every 50ms.

In first few thousand message, the application also can received within 62.5ms.

But the can bus receive message very slow. It need cost 100 ~ 900ms to receive message.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

I capture a screen cap to describe the situation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Zheng_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Hung,

since you are developing the software to work with CAN driver for EG20T, I would high recommend you to go through the PCH EG20T CAN Driver windows Programmer Guide

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/pch-eg20t-can-driver-win-programmers-guide.pdf http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/pch-eg20t-can-driver-win-programmers-guide.pdf

Go through your code to see if you made any mistakes and etc. if you are really confident withe the your application, I would also suggest you try the same test on windwos 7 embdded. we provide the driver package in EDC too. see if you are getting the same issue ? it might help with you and us to narrow down the root cause.

In the last I would suggest you or get your hardware engineers to check the hardware is properly deisgned, it must met Intel's recomendations in our EG20T Platfrom design guide the CAN bus section. But since CAN is only a low speed signal, so there is really few possibily that some thing went wrong in the layout.

So good luck with your trouble shooting and feel free to reply with any questions or status update.

Best Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos