Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

J1900 motherboard and POSReady 2009

PWill11
Beginner

We're evaluating a J1900 system to be used as a Point-of-Service/Sale appliance. I have built and tested the mbd using POSReady 7 O/S. When I try to build a POSReady 2009 image w/ the Microsoft OEM DVD, the installation blue screens 2 minutes into the build process. Is Bay Trail incompatible w/ POSReady 2009?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello PaulW.

We are continuing to look into this request, We will reply again soon when we have information for you.

Regards.

Gabriel Thomas.

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Paul W.

The POSReady 2009 is built on the windows XP base, so the applications that are compatible with Windows XP should run without a problem

on POSReady 2009, but unfortunately this OS is not supported/validated for the Bay Trail J1900 Platform.

I Hope this information is useful to you. If you have any other question, we will be more than glad to assist you.

Regards.

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello PaulW

As Gabriel told you POSReady 2009 is not supported by Intel® for this platform, in the following table you can check the supported Operative Systems

Our recommendation for you would be to use Windows Embedded Industry, or WE POSReady 7.

Best Regards,

Adolfo.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK guys, thanks for the info/confirmation. I will inform our dev. manager to drop POSReady 2009 from the specifications.

Paul

0 Kudos