Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1194 Discussions

Processor Comparison E3-1271V3 Vs E3-1281V3

bdand
Beginner

E3-1281V3 VS E3-1271V3 ,although both of these processors have all specification same with 100MHz difference(http://ark.intel.com/compare/80908,80907 ARK | Compare Intel® Products) ,there is $270 price difference why is that..?

is it that costly to increase cpu frequency by 100MHz..?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Bhargav.dandamudi :

Welcome to the Embedded Community and thank you very much for your question.

The main reason of the price difference is because even though both devices are pretty much similar, there are few differences but the main reason is that the top bin for this segment represents a very small percentage of what Intel produces.

So I recommend you to check on the features of each device deeper not only by ark |compare Intel Products main description, but using datasheets, and you will be able to select the option that best complies with your needs.

If you need further assistance to choose the best option for you, please let us know what would be the main use for this device.

Gabriel Thomas.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Bhargav.dandamudi :

Welcome to the Embedded Community and thank you very much for your question.

The main reason of the price difference is because even though both devices are pretty much similar, there are few differences but the main reason is that the top bin for this segment represents a very small percentage of what Intel produces.

So I recommend you to check on the features of each device deeper not only by ark |compare Intel Products main description, but using datasheets, and you will be able to select the option that best complies with your needs.

If you need further assistance to choose the best option for you, please let us know what would be the main use for this device.

Gabriel Thomas.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello, Bhargav.dandamudi!

You may want to have an Intel representative in your area contact you about pricing and helping you find the best processor to meet your needs.

To do this, log into the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/embedded-design-center.html Intel Embedded Design Center using your Basic account credentials, and complete this form: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/intelligent-systems/get-help-external.signedin.html Intel® Embedded Design Center - Request Assistance. It will be routed to the correct representative who should contact you within 2 business days. However, if you would like to reply back to this message after you have completed the form, I would be happy to follow up with the representative for you as well.

LynnZ.

0 Kudos
bdand
Beginner

gabriel.thomas Thank you sir ,will be checking data sheets from now on.

LynnZ Thank you ma'm, i will consider your suggestion

Bhargav.D

0 Kudos
bdand
Beginner

Hello gabriel.thomas,

Sir ,the processor i mentioned belong to same family ,and they have same data sheet named under e3 1200 series , i am in doubt which thing in data sheet i need to check.

i agree to the fact that E3-1281V3 processor belongs to top bin segment and cost is high .

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Bhargav.dandamudi

We would like to know what application or usage do you need the processor for and we will have more criteria to find out the best option for you. By knowing this, we will be able to check deeper and see if there is a difference that may affect your application, taking in consideration cost and performance.

Best Regards

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
bdand
Beginner

Its actually a network appliance ,on which i am working on.

thank you

bhargav

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello Bhargav.

Sorry for the long delay.

Have you tried to find bench marking comparisons regarding both CPU's?

There are some sites that run different benchmarks suites on different processors, so that might give you an idea of the performance of both processors. I would recommend specially trying to find benchmark relative to networking.

Also I would suggest you to follow Lynn's advice and start talking with an Intel Representative, they are can give you guidance on both pricing and technical aspects of your project that you might not want to be revealed in a public forum.

Can you elaborate what kind of networking application are you working on?

Best Regards,

Adolfo.

0 Kudos
HSCAN
Beginner
0 Kudos