Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1202 Discussions

Intel Firmware Engine 1.0.2 Installer Download Issues

idata
Employee

I'm attempting to download the Intel Firmware Engine 1.0.2 installer for Windows from http://firmware.intel.com/learn/intel-firmware-engine/downloads Downloads | Intel® Architecture Firmware Resource Center but it is going very very slowly (like 2 KB/s) and then the download fails after a few MB. I have attempted to download the installer 6 times over the past 6 hours and every single one has failed.

My Internet connection is fine, I'm able to download files from other sites without issue. Just the firmware.intel.com site is being extremely slow for me and the download ends up failing every time.

Any idea on when this will be fixed? Or is there an alternate place to download the Intel Firmware Engine 1.0.2 from?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrew,

I downloaded this file and I didn't have any problem. I recommend you to try with a different web browser.

Please let us know if you still have issues.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrew,

I downloaded this file and I didn't have any problem. I recommend you to try with a different web browser.

Please let us know if you still have issues.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Gabriel,

I have tried with Firefox 37 on Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8 and Firefox 31 on Linux. All have the same issue of the download going very very slowly and then failing after a few MB.

I am able to download from other sites on the web at very high rates (I have a gigabit connection to the Internet). It is only the firmware.intel.com site that is slow and having issues for me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update, we are going to check if there is a problem with this link and get it touch with you as soon as possible.

Otherwise we will find the way to send you this file.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

idata
Employee

I've now been able to download the Firmware Engine 1.0.2 software successfully.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew,

I am glad that you could download the file.

Actually there wasn't any issue with the link.

Best regards,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
Jon-xelex
New Contributor I

Hi 

Where can I download the latest Intel Firmware Engine?

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos