Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Developing on existing Android tablets

CFlow
Beginner

Hello!

I'm looking to develop using high-volume, price-sensitive (<$70) Android tablets for a specific application. <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">I'm currently evaluating various options, including those using Intel processors, and I would like to know what the process is to build custom Android ROMs using Intel Atom (x3-C3130's). I do not plan on developing the hardware from scratch at this point (repurposed Android tablets from Alibaba are preferred), but security is still a concern for this project. So far I've tried Allwinner A33 boards and have disliked its closed-source/badly documented/black-boxed process. If I had, for example, a Teclast X70 or a similar Intel reference tablet, how much leeway would I have developing for it? Would this depend on the motherboard and OEM?

If there's a better forum for this than Embedded, let me know, but I'm still hoping someone can point me to specific resources.

Thanks!

Clinton

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello CFlowers,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may help you can be found at the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/atom-x3-c3000-brief.pdf Intel(R) Atom(TM) x3 Processor Series Product Brief.

Please let us know if this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos