Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
851 Discussions

I210 Adapter initialization failed

BJung4
Beginner

Hello

We are building up some prototype boards with the I210AT IC on it.

We don't use an external Flash.

1) The parameterfile was loaded to the Controller with the command: 'EEUPDATEW64e /NIC=1 /INVMUPDATE /FILE=I210_Invm_Copper_NoAPM_v0.6.txt'

2) And after, the MAC address was set: 'EEUPDATEW64e /NIC=1 /MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxx /INVMUPDATE'

Normally, the controller works then as expected. So i think, the programming procedure as also the hardware should be ok.

But on a few boards, we are not able to initialize the controller anymore after loading the parameterfile. Is there any restriction, not to power cycle or restart the controller in between this two steps?

We could load the parameterfile, but then (after a restart) the Controller throw an error c86a2002 and we couldn't set the MAC address or do anything else.

I couldn't find a possibility to factory reset the controller, nor reprogram it with pin12 (NVM_SI) held low. So this boards are useless for now...

Does anyone have an idea how to bring these controllers back to life?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello powerrider,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may help you is stated in the answers to the questions 2.10, 2.13, 2.23, and 2.25; on pages 9 and 11 of the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos