Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Bay Trail E3800 Win7 I/O Drivers Interface (SPI and I2C)

NGhor
Beginner

I am in the process of writing drivers to access devices attached to the SPI and I2C ports on an E3845.

Does anyone have full working examples for any SPI and/or I2C devices?

I have read through the following document and used the code from within it without success: Intel® AtomTM Processor E3800 Windows 7 IO Driver Software Developer's Manual

Question:
  • Re: IOCTL_I2C_EXECUTE_READ, IOCTL_I2C_EXECUTE_WRITE
    • How do I specify the device register to be read/writing when sending a command
    • The I2C_SINGLE_TRANSMISSION only allows for a slave address but not the address for the register we are accessing.
    • In any case I was unable to read from the device using the code provided.
  • Re; IOCTL_SPI_READ, IOCTL_SPI_WRITE
    • How do I specify the device register to be read/writing when sending a command
    • The SPI_TRANSFER_BUFFER has no place to specify the address we wish to read from.
    • From the example code in the document the read commands does not give an error but all the bytes rad are 0xFF..

Please help with example code or documentation detailing how to specify the address to read from in both interfaces.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello NaveedGhori,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to further answer these questions, we suggest you to address them to the https://software.intel.com/en-us/forum Intel(R) Developer Zone Forum.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello NaveedGhori,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to further answer these questions, we suggest you to address them to the https://software.intel.com/en-us/forum Intel(R) Developer Zone Forum.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos