Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
848 Discussions

i210 MAC Address change limit

JMora16
Beginner

Hi:

As part of testing procedures I was changing the MAC address of my hardware. I got to a point where the MAC address does not change any more.

Does any one know if the i210 has a limited number of times that the MAC address can be changed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello JMoran,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand this condition, we would like to address the following questions:

Could you please tell us if the design related to this condition is a third party or your own? In case that it is a third party, please give us all the information related to it.

Could you please inform us if this situation happens when the affected units are interface to specific devices? Please try to reproduce this situation with different devices manufactured by different developers, with diverse characteristics, and let us know the results.

Could you please let us know how many units are experiencing this situation and how many has been manufactured?

In case that it is your project, could you please confirm if it has been reviewed by Intel?

Could you please give us a detailed description of the steps that you have followed to determine this problem?

Please give us all the information that should answer the previous questions.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A

0 Kudos