Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Baytrail - Intel HDA Controller Register Documentation

TYeoh1
Novice

Hello,

While going through the Intel BIOS Writers Guide (BWG), Section 30.7 "Additional Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) Programming Steps" in Volume 2 of the Baytrail BIOS writers guide v1.44 (DocID: 514148) refers to some PCI Configuration registers in another document (DocID: 512177).

However looking at a more updated version of the "DocID: 512177" document still indicates the register documentation is missing.

The registers I am interested in are PCI configuration registers for HDA controller 0xC0,0xC4,0xC8,0xC0 & 0xD0. These registers do not exists in any of the documentation available to me.

As an developer, I prefer to understand what it is that I am configuring in the BWG.

Can anyone help clarify this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello TAI_YEOH,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

We have received your consultations and are working to give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello TAI_YEOH

I have searched under the available documentation, but I have not being able to find the registers that you are looking for. I will consult with the next level of support about those registers.

In the meantime I would suggest that you consult on the following channels:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/ASoC ASoC - AlsaProject

ALSA mailing list: mailto:alsa-devel@alsa-project.org alsa-devel@alsa-project.org

As there is a possibility that the Open Source Sound developers are familiar with them.

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez.

0 Kudos
TYeoh1
Novice

Hello Adolfo,

Thank you for the info. I will check on the Alsa project front also. Looking forward to some good news from you also.

Regards,

Tai

0 Kudos