Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1155 Discussions

How o use I2C controller at Atom E8345

DIvan10
Beginner

We have EQM-BYT2 QSeven Module with E3845 processor and the REV-Q703 board from Avalue Technology Inc. I have Windows7 64bit installed on my external HDD. I amdownloading a driver for the I2C controller from the Intel website and installing it (Win7 IO Drivers version: 1.1.7.1032 or BSP v4.0). I developed software to access the I2C controller in accordance with Software Developers Manual for Windows 7 IO Driver.pdf, Section 3.

However, the GetOverlappedResult function returns the 0x01F error. When I examined the bus with an oscilloscope, I saw no information exchange signals.

Could anybody provide us necessary assistance with the I2C controller? It can be any relevant documentation or code samples which will help us manage the controller.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Denis_tTitan :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

It is important to let you know that the drivers provided by Intel are generic. Due to this fact, we suggest you contact the https://www.avalue.com.tw/Product/Computer-on-Modules/Qseven/Q7/EQM-BYT2_2338# showarea third party board manufacturer to find the proper drivers.

By the way, the third party manufacturer has all the information of their design, so we suggest you contact them to verify that your implementation is compatible with their project.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos