Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

RMM3 + add-in video card

idata
Employee

Hello,

My question is that whether the RMM3 module is capable to pass the video of an add-in video card through KVM-over-IP, or it only can pass the video of the controller that is integrated in the board's BMC?

I've just installed a video card into my S3420GPLX, the result is 'No Signal' on the remote side.

Thank you and regards,

Janos

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

No RMM3 does NOT work with add-in video card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's sad but understandable.

I have to look for another solution because the integrated Matrox G200 is weak to me.

Thank you for the quick reply, regards,

Janos

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So what are the options? I have an s5520sc with only an internal video connection on the board.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Consider SOL for pre-OS boot and software-based KVM within OS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry, but what is sol? I was told by tech support it will work as long as the cable for internal vga on mboard is present as primary video and external vga as secondary it will work.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes that will work but with limitation in Windows - the onboard video doesn't have WDDM driver but only XPDM driver, which means if you want to use both in Windows you'll have to use XPDM driver for add-on video too.

SOL = Serial Over LAN. It's text based console redirection for pre-OS remote management.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have both videos using basic vgapnp driver, but added video card returns status 10. What am I doing incorrectly?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

...i am looking for even generic xpdm drivers on intel download (to which some threads have alluded to) but can find nothing. Can you provide an xpdm driver for both video cards?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos