Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

laptop to lcd with hdmi no signal

idata
Employee

I bought an hp pavilion dv6-2170us but once i connected it to the lcd with hdmi it didn't work the tv screen stayed black, the screen resolution is the same as the lcd and the cable works fine because we use it on another laptop. The graphics driver is also up to date. what should i do?

6 Replies
idata
Employee

i have the problems

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi what version of operating system you got? and video driver version you got installed?

idata
Employee

I have this exact same problem, I have an Asus U50F and as soon as i plug in the HDMI cable to my Laptop the screen goes blank on the laptop and freezes the whole thing. I have tried getting the newest update and it still doesnt work. I really need help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Im running on windows 7 home premium and yeah i have the latest drivers already checked

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I got the same problem with Intel HD driver after installing the update of the latest driver from Intel through the windows autoupdate (on 1. aug. 2010) : both Laptop and LCD turn black each time I used the HDMI.

My solution: Rollback the Intel HD driver (in device manager) to the earlier version (date: 20-02-2010 version: 8.15.10.2086)

CPU: i3 M350

Hope this works for some of you.

0 Kudos