Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel N6250 AGN not working

idata
Employee

I have a Toshiba laptop, not even 2 mpnths old. I am traveling overseas (out of USA). All of a sudden my wireless network goes down. I restart but i find no wireless connection. I try reinsatlling the driver but still no luck. I reinstall the whole windows (restore out of box state - Toshiba recovery)

I tried downloading the latest software and installing but no luck yet.I tried intalling Linux to check but does not work, I have Windows 7 64Bit installed again, Tried everythng now i get error code(10) on the driver for Microsoft Virtual Miniport adapter # 2.

The Intel my Wifi utility wont allow me to enable the WiFi. Everytime i hit enable nothing will change.

Please advice on whts happening out here. Feel so bad that its just a 2 months old PC and the wifi has gone bad....

PLease help..

About Toshiba,

I call the Toshiba customer care and they are very rude to begin with, next he makes me do various steps that i have already done. Then the agent says they will call me in 24 hours time. Its 48+ passed no call from Toshiba customer care. I call again i start telling and they got me annoyedm i ask can you help me just a yes or no? The agent HANGS THE PHONE. Bravo Toshiba on your suppport...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

what is the driver you downloaded? Is it from Intel website? You can try downloading their software from here but from what I know Intel recommend customer to contact the notebook vendor for support, but you might want to give the software a try

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+WiFi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Centrino%c2%ae+Advanced-N+%2b+WiMAX+6250&ProdId=3199&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+WiFi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Centrino%c2%ae+Advanced-N+%2b+WiMAX+6250&ProdId=3199&LineId=1784&FamilyId=1783

if the wireless card is really faulty, guess you have no choice but have to go back to Toshiba

idata
Employee

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried downloading the driver from the link u gave me, but still, the Intel my WiFi utility shows the driver but i cannot enable the WiFi.

how would i knw that my WiFi card has stopped functioning.???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I got the same card on my VAIO which i recently bought and traveled outside US ... so basically same story.

My card is the same yet "advanced"... SO ADVANCED THAT IT STOPPED WORKING.. EVEN THOUGH THE LIGHT IS GREEN. the sony people tried to help me online, they accessed my system remotely.. and still no cure. What did you end up doing? and do you think we can change the ship (or whatever hardware it is) at least...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

at least sony bothered to connect remotely to your computer and check for the problem... Tohisba just dont care for their customers..they said they would call back and untill now no one has called me back and to get some to speak to i have to stay on hold for 45 mins...

well back to the main point i bought a USB wireless.. no other option i had.. cuz m still out of US....

So, this is an Intel Forum but no Intel personnel will repy back to us. My laptop company does not care... so very are pretty much _____ up....

Feel like just trashing the laptop now... Frustation....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem on my Samsung.

0 Kudos