Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14517 Discussions

Intel cooling solution RTS2011LC - possible to get spare parts?

idata
Employee

Hi,

I recently tried to move my Intel RTS2011LC from a socket 2011 to a 1155 motherboard.

To my regret, I discovered, that the thumbscrews attached to my mounting bracket do not fit in the new board.

Upon inspection of the manual, it became clear, that i need a different set of thumbscrews to use with socket 1155.

Unfortunately these screws did not come included with the PC, I had bought with the cooler in it, so now my question is:

Is it possible to obtain a set of thumbscrews as spare parts somehow? Btw. I live in Denmark.

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 Replies
idata
Employee

I also need spare parts for this model,

Any help or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

C

0 Kudos
TSimm2
Novice

Contact the Intel Customer Support. They do have different brackets for

LGA115X - Part# 1A02C8L00-SPS

and

LGA1366 - Part# 1A22CVT00-SPS

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i contacted customer support. the guy said there was no spare parts he could find, and nothing he could do to help me. he said they were "at the end of the supply chain" and could not find anything except for a complete brand new whole unit.

seems if you lose/misplace any of the kit youve paid a LOT of £££ for you're screwed like me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

A quick update: I didnt manage to get one via customer support, but i DID manage to get one by an exception member of Intel Staff (Tim S) who helped me immensely and I now have my CPU cooler in my machine thanks to his help. I wrote an article about my amazing Intel experience on my blog. Thanks Tim! http://www.bigcdesigns.com/?p=148 Intel: Going the extra (Several Thousand) Miles For Their Customers! | No Blueprints Blog

0 Kudos