Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Severe FPS drop for HD 3000 15.28.12 in The Secret World

idata
Employee

So, there I am happily playing http://www.thesecretworld.com/ The Secret World on my i7-2620M with 4 GB RAM and Win7x64 Pro with 15.10.2696 drivers and DX11 setting. Low settings with around 15-20 FPS. Then a Windows Update comes in and installs Intel WDM 1.2. Games drops below 5 FPS. I uninstall the update and install the latest 15.28.12.64.2932 drivers. Things are just the same - 2-3 frames per second. Everything lags like hell. I uninstall and revert to the old drivers (I could hardly find them) and things start running (almost) smooth again.

I mean, performance is not stellar at all. But it is playable. For a laptop it is even good.

But what on Earth did happen to the drivers in the 15.10->15.28 transition? I mean, things are not worse - they are disastrous!

Anyone else with similar issues?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Maybe the low clock bug, have you checked GPU frequency with GPUz while running Secret Worlds? You could also try 15.31.64.2885.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did not give the drivers any chance - I removed immediately. What is that bug for?

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Intel graphics have a base frequency and dynamic frequency. With some driver/game combinations it stays on the base frequency. This is much slower then. I realized you can't try 15.31 with Sandy Bridge.

0 Kudos
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Hello,

In order to assist you further please reply the answer of the following questions:

What is your laptop brand and model?

Do you happen to have a discrete video card install in your laptop?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HP EliteBook 2560p. No other graphics than the HD3000.

0 Kudos
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Hello,

If you are having problems with our graphics drivers, please bear in mind Intel makes available generic versions of the Intel graphics drivers. I recommend you install the graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer since they may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes in the drivers they provide for your computer.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos