Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Video 965 Chipset Windows 7 Deleted Resolution Support

idata
Employee

How can we get Intel to re-enable 3840x1200 resolution in their driver set for Intel 965 chipset for Vista and Win 7?

It used to be there for Vista, and was there for the drivers used in Win 7 Beta.

The new drivers pushed out thru windows update, and available from Intel downloads, no longer enable 3840x1200 support.

My Matrox DualHead2Go adapter that I use on my laptop no longer drives my dual 24inch monitors (1920x1200 each).

Dissapointing downgrade, and I can't see why they would update a driver to remove functionality that worked well in earlier drivers.

I also cannot find the back level drivers that once worked for Win 7 Beta.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

My workaround was to search out old drivers for vista and install those on Win 7.

I found that vista drivers 7.14.10.1283 (from 2007!) support 3840x1200 resolution on my Intel 965 express chipset and work with the Matrox DualHead2Go digital edition.

I do not see why this support had to be removed from newer version drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I also noticed that the newer drivers don't recognize the higher resolutions on devices such as the Matrox Triplehead2Go.

I'm trying to find the older driver. Anyone know how to obtain it? Please make the new drivers work with the Matrox adapters.

0 Kudos