Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Need to shift screen over using video card

BBoon1
Beginner

Hi everyone. I have an old Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller. I am running windows XP Pro SP3 and have the latest Intel drivers installed for this card. This computer is also setup on a KVM switch with several other machines. I am using a Lenovo flat panel monitor.

When having so many systems on the same monitor via the KVM swtich most of the computers fit the monitor properly. But this machine's video is shifted to the left about 1/2 inch.

If I adjust the monitor to show this computer correctly, then switch over to another machine all of the other computers video are shifted to the right by about 1/2 inch.

I have another machine that has a Matrox video card in it. This video driver also has a application that allows me to shift the video display to the left, right, up or down. I simply shifted the video to the right by about 1/2 inch and that solved my problem.

I do not see that option in the intel driver. Is there someway I can accomplish this using the Intel video card and drivers or another software package?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

In control panel is the Intel GMA Driver, open and go to hot keys. I show hot key F11 is assigned to change screen/panel position.

0 Kudos