Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Q45 graphics driver with long filename

idata
Employee

We have new computers with onboard graphic Intel Q45. We install Windows XP with Symantec Livestate Delivery. For convenience I added the graphic card driver to the Windows setup files, so the device will be installed on install of Windows.

I troubleshooted hours, because the driver is never installed. Finally I found out, that the driver files are containing files with more then 8.3 letters. But the files are copied during a DOS session with no long filename support. Intel seems to have forgotten, that long filenames are sometimes a big problem.

The following files are a problem:

- igcompkrng500.bin

- igkrng400.bin

- igkrng500.bin

Does anyone have a solution for that? Install the driver not in the Windows setup but later in the Windows environment is an option, but before I want to know if there's a workaround.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Solved. I renamed/shortened the files with too long names and changed in the INF file the names of the files.

- igcompkrng500.bin --> igcompkr.bin

- igkrng400.bin --> igkrng40.bin

- igkrng500.bin --> igkrng50.bin

Installation was successful, works for me. Quick and dirty

@Intel: please consider your naming convention, there are still some systems with no long filename support.