Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Cannot connect to the net when the SSID is not transmitted

idata
Employee

My Acer AS3810TZ – 413G32N laptop with a Intel WiFi 1000BGN wifi card (having the latest drivers & running on Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit) cannot connect to the net thru a Linksys WRT54G WiFi router when the SSID is not transmitted but when the SSID is transmitted it connects. I also use MAC filters. Another laptop in my house has no problem for the last two years (running Vista home basic) in connecting to the same router when SSID is hidden. I read elsewhere on this forum that enabling WMM (WiFi QOS) might solve the problem I tried that but no luck. Anyone facing the same problem. Any suggestions, advise is welcome. Incidentally this is a out of the box problem right from the day I bought this machine.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

What's your wireless driver version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The WiFi card is Intel 1000BGN with driver ver 13.0.0.107 dated 15-9-2009. I presume it's the latest for when I try to update it, I get a message that its the latest ver. Machine bought in Feb 2010

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

download the latest from Intel support website. It should be 13.1.1.1. Make sure to uninstall the current SW then install the new one.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have seen the Intel page where this driver is available but I have a doubt my wifi is Intel wifi 1000BGN where as the driver on the website is for Intel wifi 1000 is there a difference also if this is for my wifi card then why does it not update when I use the 'Update Driver' button in the properties of this h/w.

Oops I forgot to mention that this laptop runs on Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

0 Kudos