Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Losing Network Connection on VPN using Wireless N (Intel 5300 AGN)

idata
Employee

I have a Windows 7 Professional laptop with an Intel 5300 AGN adapter with the latest firmware updates installed. At home, I have a Trendnet TEW-633R Wireless N router that I can connect to just fine with Wireless N. The problem comes in when I try to connect to my company using VPN connection. I can connect just fine but after about 30 seconds I lose all network connectivity. I'm still connected to the VPN but I can't connect to any work network location.

Believe me, I've tried everything I can think of. I set the Trendnet router to only Wireless BG mode and it works just fine. So, it must be the router right? Well, of course they say no - its either the Wireless Adapter or our Firewall at work. Others can log in Wireless N to our firewall so I'm ruling that out. That leaves the 5300 Adapter or the Trendnet Router (which is also at the latest firmware).

Any suggestions for changes I can make on the adapter? I realize its not a huge deal to go Wireless G but its frustrating to me that I can't use Wireless N with this combination.

0 Kudos
0 Replies