Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Sandy Brige internal HD graphics.

idata
Employee

Hi. I just want to know if the Intel corporation going to include something like Nvidia PhysX technology in Sandy Brige internal graphics? I think, that it will be very usefull for many users, who want to get a low price powerfull computer for games and work, becouse in this case, if the subscriber buy Intel Sandy Brige processor and a budgetary external graphics card (for exemple ATI HD5770) he may still use the internal Sandy Brige graphics for PhysX calculation. And if the internal Sandy Brige graphics have Nvidia GF9500GT performace, as Intel promise, then such a tandem (descrite card+internal HD for PhysX) may be anought powerfull to play in complicity games.

Message was edited by: Yupa

Message was edited by: Yupa

3 Replies
idata
Employee

PhysX support will only happen with Nvidia's approval but that seems a very slim chance. Intel does have Havok though

idata
Employee

Well, I meen not exactly PhysX -- just something like this technology. Havok may be usefully too -- the only condition that internal graphics can be used for phisical effects when descreat graphics card work in the system.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sounds like an excellent idea! Now if the on-board graphics chipset supported DirectX 11 it would have access to its CUDA functionality, which might be taken advantage of in future games engines for processing physics. I'm sure Havok will support it eventually.

Unfortunately Intel doesn't let you run internal and external graphics adaptors at the same time... though it is possible. See my thread here:

/thread/17789 http://communities.intel.com/thread/17789

0 Kudos