Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Bllue Screen Crashes

idata
Employee

After clicking to start Roxio Easy VHS to DVD I get a Blue Screen Crash. I go to Control Panel/Problem Reports and Solutions I receive:

Address a problem with Intel graphics driver.

Intel graphics driver has stopped working properly.

A driver update, if available, might prevent this problem from recurring.

There are several ways of locating and installing driver updates, but it is best to let Windows do this for you. Try the first step below, which describes the process. If it doesn't produce a driver update that solves the problem, then try the remaining steps in the order given.

1. about:blank# here

Check for optional third-party updates

Even if all critical updates have been installed on your computer, optional updates might be available for Intel graphics driver that have yet to be installed. Here's how to use Windows Update to check for and install optional driver updates:

1. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=93504 Click to go online to the Windows Update website

2. In the left pane, click Check for updates to see if there are any optional updates available for your computer.

3. If optional updates are available, click the link to view and select the updates to install. (If you don't see this link, you might have to click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update).

If no optional updates are available, go to step 2.

4. Select the optional updates you want to install (especially if they appear to be graphics related), click OK, and then click Install updates.

2. about:blank# here

Try updating Intel graphics driver manually

If no optional Intel graphics driver updates were available in Windows Update, you can try updating Intel graphics driver manually.

Note

It's best to let Windows install drivers for your hardware automatically, as described in step 1 above.

If you decide to manually update Intel graphics driver, here's how to do it:

1. Click to open Device Manager If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In Device Manager, double-click Display adapters, and then double-click the name of the device running Intel graphics driver.

3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

4. When asked how you want to search for driver software, click Search automatically for updated driver software.

5. Windows will locate and install a new driver if one is available.

3. about:blank# here

Check the Intel Corporation website for driver updates

If no optional Intel graphics driver updates were available in Windows Update, go online to the following website to check for driver updates:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm Click to go online to the Intel Corporation website to find out if a solution or update is available

about:blank# here

How to manually update a driver using a downloaded file

1. Click to open Device Manager If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

4. When asked how you want to search for driver software, click ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

I assume the optical DVD drive is an original HP. Perhaps an HP update messed it up. Hardware conflicts can be sporadic in case you added a graphics card. The HP forums can be of some help. I've only checked the printer forums myself. I haven't seen this issue (I haven't even got any DVD software installed at this time) but I'll think about it some. I get BSOD every couple months with a TV-tuner and GT240 together and am considering dumping the graphics card. The best bet would be to reinstall or do a repair if that option is offered in Control Panel Uninstall Programs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

Has Roxio worked before? Was this installed after computer purchase? What version is it?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for taking an interest in my problem.

Yes, the program worked previously.

Yes, it was installed after purchase of my computer.

The program was purchased directly from Roxio in 2010. It shows copyright 1994-2010. No version is mentioned on the Disk. The shipping box shows "Rev E".

Again, thank you.

Jim

DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

I assume the optical DVD drive is an original HP. Perhaps an HP update messed it up. Hardware conflicts can be sporadic in case you added a graphics card. The HP forums can be of some help. I've only checked the printer forums myself. I haven't seen this issue (I haven't even got any DVD software installed at this time) but I'll think about it some. I get BSOD every couple months with a TV-tuner and GT240 together and am considering dumping the graphics card. The best bet would be to reinstall or do a repair if that option is offered in Control Panel Uninstall Programs.

idata
Employee

Thank you . Your comment that an update of the graphics card could be the cause was the key to the solution. When I reinstalled the original Intel graphics driver my problem was solved. Jim