Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Prowin32 unbundled

idata
Employee

Is there a way to unbundle Prowin32? I need to extract the win7 driver for our Dell systems as the one from Dell has issues and has to be updated using Prowin32 after we image a PC..Any help or advice would be appreciated..

Thanks in Advance

David

1 Solution
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

The executables are in a format that can be extracted by programs such as WinZip or WinRAR. You can also extract the files from the executable using command line switches as explained in the readme. I copied out the information you need below:

This self extracting archive supports the following command line parameters:

ParameterDescription

/f

Destination path where the archived files will be extracted to.

/e

Do not automatically start the installation process.

/s

Extract the files silently.

For example, to only extract the contents of the webpack to a specific folder (and not run the installation), type the following:

/f /s /e

NOTE: The /f parameter must precede the /e parameter. Failure to do so may cause an "Unable to execute the specified command line!" error.

Have a great day!

Mark H

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

The executables are in a format that can be extracted by programs such as WinZip or WinRAR. You can also extract the files from the executable using command line switches as explained in the readme. I copied out the information you need below:

This self extracting archive supports the following command line parameters:

ParameterDescription

/f

Destination path where the archived files will be extracted to.

/e

Do not automatically start the installation process.

/s

Extract the files silently.

For example, to only extract the contents of the webpack to a specific folder (and not run the installation), type the following:

/f /s /e

NOTE: The /f parameter must precede the /e parameter. Failure to do so may cause an "Unable to execute the specified command line!" error.

Have a great day!

Mark H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

TOO EASY..

Thank you very much..

d

0 Kudos