Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Drivers for graphics Intel GMA 3600/3650 - when?

idata
Employee

Hi,

For last 4 months since new mainboards premiere there is no graphics drivers for Microsoft XP OS.

Our client ask about support to XP for new Intel products D2500CCE and DN2800MT.

Why it is so long? How is it possible to send products with no proper software support?

Beta version drivers available somewhere?

110 Replies
idata
Employee

I also want to, please as soon as possible development.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

Given that Intel are advertising these boards as being supported by XP (32 bit only) http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-008326.htm here, I'm surprised there aren't full drivers available yet as well. It seems to me that XP 32 bit is an ideal OS to match with such boards so Intel please adjust your priorities accordingly to speed up development!

To the OP, if you get in touch with Intel Customer Services and tell them your client is wanting a situation NOW (as the boards were advertised as supporting the preferred OS) and why was a disclaimer not provided on the above linked to page/advertising re supported OS's, this may speed things up.

Unfortunately developers to often seem to have tunnel vision just for the latest OS's when sometimes an older, less demanding OS may be more suited to a board. If it's anything like my DG45ID motherboard (Intel GMA X4500HD graphics), when the XP drivers are released, you'll need to double check that when they are installed you'll get full functionality with the OS. I say this because the Win 7 graphics drivers for my board offer full graphics hardware acceleration for Blu-ray playback but with Win XP the hardware acceleration isn't utilised and the CPU must take the workload.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yep, I too would like the drivers for Windows XP 32bit asap please, either to try and force the display on Windows 7 to behave like Windows XP where I can increase the vertical resolution past 600 or downgrade to Windows XP altogether.

Ideally, Intel could just make something for this to be possible as I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't run applications becasuse of the 756 constraint.

Ta

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I realy need that driver! there is a way to use it under winxp32?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

WHEN CAN WE GET XP DRIVER? CHEAT!!!

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

luopeizhong wrote:

WHEN CAN WE GET XP DRIVER?

A very good question to put to Intel Tech Support through the official motherboard support process - tell us what they have to say about it! Unfortunately this forum isn't an official tech support avenue and although Intel staff sometimes contribute here, they're under no obligation to do so. If you contact them through the official channels with your motherboard details then they are obliged to try and help. In the meantime the best you could do other than that is go back to the supplier and ask for a refund because it's not as advertised (going by my link to 'supported OS's' above). I realise you'd probably just prefer the drivers but unfortunately sometimes its only the possible loss of sales/increase in returns that talks and gets action.

powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Coming June 2012 according to this link

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3387&DwnldID=20914 Download Center

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

June has come!

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Good point!, though I imagine the GMA 3600/3650 driver team are rather busy at the moment with all the other issues on Win7 & 8...

Such as the horrendous 2D performance, let alone 3D!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/atom-cedartrtail_6.html Cedar Trail Platform: Intel D2500HN and Intel DN2800MT Mainboards Review. Page 6 - X-bit labs

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Guys, I am planning to buy a new Acer D270 netbook and it comes with Intel GMA3600. We all know about it's support for linux and how it doesn't play well with linux. I have read on some forums that there is experimental support for GMA3600 in the latest linux kernel.

So, when can we accept a fully functional linux driver or I should just drop the idea of purchasing the netbook's bundled with Intel GMA3600.

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ranveer, you should check this thread for more info regarding Linux :-

/thread/29157 http://communities.intel.com/thread/29157

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i wouldnt touch anything with this graphics chip....not even with a 2 meter pole....might blow in your face....

until intel gets its act together you're only in for an headache, im having one with a costumer with WINDOWS 7 32 bit! the only system theyre supporting and its not working OK.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am in the same position but needing Linux drivers. The driver support of Intel was once the best in the business but not anymore.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Oh no.. Just built a budget computer around D2700DC motherboard and it's completely useless for me without GMA drivers.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

The June deadline has now been changed to August. Clearly those of you who want Win XP drivers for boards equipped with this chipset need to formally report the problem to Intel (and complain about the deadline change while you're at it) if it's an Intel branded board or the board manufacturer if its another brand. I don't own anything equipped with this graphics chipset but even so I think this is a very poor state of affairs on Intel's part. If the product is advertised as having XP support (which it is), it should have full drivers from the first day it goes on sale IMO. None of this messages in the downloads stuff, advising of moving goalpost delayed drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Okay... How to create formally report and that's enough this report to help us, if for my device not advertised XP support? I have Acer Aspire One, but this device not supported this OS officially. On Win7 work transformed to most terrible nightmare, if speaking censorship language. On this OS not worked correctly almost all soft, not speak about system resource distribution.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

h33x wrote:

Okay... How to create formally report and that's enough this report to help us, if for my device not advertised XP support? I have Acer Aspire One, but this device not supported this OS officially.

Given this is an Acer product you have, you'd need to ask Acer to offer Win XP drivers for it and explain your reasons to them why you want/need that. I didn't quite understand the rest of your post but if it wasn't advertised as supporting Win XP when you got it or since, you can only ask to have this added (unlike those who bought the Intel branded boards who should have got it from day 1 IMO). Certainly if your device is having problems with Windows 7 (an approved OS), definitely Acer (or the supplier on the manufacturers behalf) should look to address that for you. Good luck dealing with them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Given this is an Acer product you have, you'd need to ask Acer to offer Win XP drivers for it and explain your reasons to them why you want/need that. I didn't quite understand the rest of your post but if it wasn't advertised as supporting Win XP when you got it or since, you can only ask to have this added (unlike those who bought the Intel branded boards who should have got it from day 1 IMO). Certainly if your device is having problems with Windows 7 (an approved OS), definitely Acer (or the supplier on the manufacturers behalf) should look to address that for you. Good luck dealing with them.

Thanks for your incredibly useful answer! I think, that most part IT ingeneers know about "great" Acer service. Watching and writing in this topic I think, that chips for compare their production Acer not generated from air, and considering their "beautiful" service and marvelous attention to end users, is a logical step - contact the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

Clearly you're annoyed with this situation and I understand that. Please understand that my intentions are to try and help you - not wind you up! What did you want me to say - contact Intel and expect them to fix this for you? Irrespective of what you may think of Acer, they are responsible for your product and may have used a non-reference design in your product so its important they are the ones to deal with this issue. By all means if after contacting them about it, you are still unhappy then (at the least), remember this when you next buy such a product and let your wallet do the voting to tell them what you think! By all means once Intel eventually releases Win XP drivers for this graphics chipset, IF you still find Acer haven't responded with suitable drivers for your product, consider selling it second hand and buying a product which does meet your OS needs at the time of purchase - check it out and do your research first before putting your money on the counter..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please excuse me, if touched you in a dispute. This ill-fated device - working computer, so I can't influence the choice in buy moment. In future such moment will be considered. Thank you for try help us! You will wait and hope to successful end in your work.

0 Kudos