idata
Employee

Hi friend

I am JAX from India,

I have a desktop with the following configurations :-

(1) PROCESSOR :- Second Generation Core i7 2600K 3.40 GHz

(2) MOTHERBOARD :- Intel media series DH67BL

(3) HDD :- Seagate 1 TB

(4) RAM : 04 GB (2 x 2GB) Kingston KVR1333D3N9.

(5) OPERATING SYSTEM : Window 7 Professional 32 bit

I purchase the above desktop on 20 Aug 2011. The begining one week the desktop worked properly after that one day it will put off automatically without any warning signal (it is also intimated that motherboard built in speaker is not working from the begining) and now it will not boot. please help me out from this problem plz plz.

Which graphics card is suitable for this desktop ? I am using this computer for home, office and Internet surfing purposes only.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Based on the behavior that you describe this does not seem to be related to the processor, it seems to be motherboard related.

Anyways, I would suggest testing the processor on another motherboard to discard it as the defective component, perhaps you can test the processor on a friend's motherboard or by taking the processor to a local computer store to be tested.

Also test the motherboard out of the chassis on a non-conductive surface to discard any grounding issues, this could also be a power supply issue, so you might want to test a 2nd power supply.

If you have purchased the system less than 30 days ago, you might want to take the system to the place of purchase for warranty exchange.

0 Kudos