Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20632 Discussions

HDMI Port not working for HP 630 , i5, Sandy Bridge, intel HD 3000 Graphics, win 7

idata
Employee

My HP laptop 630 does not recognise LCD tv when connected through HDMI port, I tired with three different TVs and also used different Cable.

After update to the 8.15.10.2509 Drivers, at times the computer recgonises the TV but there is no display on the TV, in addition the PC chokes and Slows down (so much for the turbo boost tech... ) when i connect the HDMI cable.

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

If you have tested different drivers, cables and TV's, then the next option would be assuming that there is someting wrong with the port on the motherboard. We have had no problems reported with that particular driver, and any device should be detected automatically. Have you tried contacting Hewlett-Packard*?

idata
Employee

when attaching via HDMI the video driver for some reason chooses 59 Hertz for the refresh rate, need to go into advanced and change it to 60 Hertz.

In order to do this hook up second monitor so you can see the screen and make the settings change

0 Kudos