Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Alternative to schemes in the 8.15.10.2086 Graphics and Media Control Panel?

idata
Employee

I have been using the following C:\Windows\system32\igfxcfg.exe /SchemeName:abc to force clone display on boot on some 945 Express embedded systems with the 7:14:10:1504 driver. This works very well.

We have changed motherboard and am now using a Mobile intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset with the 8.15.10.2086.

The Schemes I set up in the image (registry) show up but no longer function. Is there a similar method of setting schemes from the command line or some kind of api?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

I have done some research

system32\igfxcfg.exe has now gone.

Program Files\Intel\IntelControlCenter.exe seems to be its replacement

In the registry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\intel\display\igfxcui\Configurations] contains configurations per display

"PrimaryXX"=dword:00000400 Hex->Dec is 1024 Horizontal pixels on the primary monitor

"PrimaryYY"=dword:00000300 Hex->Dec is 768 Vertical pixels on the primary monitor

If I change these and reboot the resolution changes.

I just need to determine how to initialise a configuration...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you solve this? I just installed 8.15.10.2086 for my G45 and my old schemes are gone. I don't see any way to recreate them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not really, the only thing I could think of is making a .bat file for each scheme that sets the registry values.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did Intel even confirm that scheme support was removed with their latest drivers? I saw nothing in the release notes.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have not seen anything yet.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

***External link removed***

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

For the latest drivers there is now the ability to save the settings as a Display Profile.

Right Click on the desktop and select "Graphics Properties".

Select "Advanced Mode"

Under the "Display Properties" tab select "Save"

You will get the dialog to save your settings.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@ Robert_U:

How can the saved Display Profiles loaded by a command?

C:\Windows\System32\GfXUI.exe /SchemeName:ProfileName does not work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert,

Can you supply a pointer to the exact version and download address of the driver package that gave you

the "Advanced" option in the Intel GMA control panel?

Thanx

Norman_I

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I'm not able to see an Advanced option so I must be using the wrong version, except I can't find anything new to upgrade to.

Any help? This is a helpfull ability when moving between home and work (with dual-displays rotated).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have an Intel HD Graphics setup, but I do not see the "Advanced" mode or the profile configuration screens as shown here. Is my hardware not supported or is this being restricted by software?

Thanks,

Kory
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi All

For the G4x series series chipset's please use the latest drivers available http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+G43+Express+Chipset&ProdId=2995&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 here. After installation and reboot, the first time you start Graphics Properties you will have the option to select the mode to run in. At this point select "Advanced".

If you already have the latest installed and need to change back to the advanced mode, open Graphics Properties, click the drop down arrow on the Mode tab, and select the "Advanced Mode".

0 Kudos