Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

No Boot Device is Available

idata
Employee

I have a Dell 8400 with two RAID 0 drives; the system board died (out of warranty.) So I took the two drives and am attempting to temporarily install them into a Dell 5150 desktop. The 5150 has the Intel Matrix Storage manager ICH7R as did the broken machine.

BIOS setup sees both drives as SATA and they are turned on. I have tried booting with the RAID setting turned on and to automatically boot from RAID or an ATA disk. Not much else I can change in BIOS settings. Same result. No boot.

The Storage Manager shows this information:

ID 0 Raid_Volume0 Level RAID0(???) Strip 128KB Size 298.0 GB Status Normal Bootable Yes

Physical Disks 0 & 2 Model & serial Size 149.0 GB Type/Status Member Disk(0) for both drives

I would think that this would boot, but when I exit the Storage Manager, - No Boot Device is Available -

I updated BIOS, looked for RAID controller software updates, but they all reside in the OS (Win XP Pro).

I have run Dell's diagnostic on both drives and they check out fine.

In Novell we used the 'mount' command, that's what I need here.

There is only one file that I didn't have backed up on this disk array, but I need it badly. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction OR am I just hosed?

thanks in advance

Terry

0 Kudos
0 Replies