Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Can we install Windows XP or Windows Vista 64 bit (with service pack 1)on intel core i3 350M processor?

idata
Employee

Hi,

Can we install Windows XP or Windows Vista on intel's core i3-350M. If we can, how about the system performance for windows vista and windows XP. Will the system performance be reduced? Please let me know your suggestions.

Following is my laptop configuration:

Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor (2.26Ghz, 4 Threads, 3M cache)

4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (Work at 1066MHz for Intel Arrandale CPU)

320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 1GB

Dell 1520 Wireless-N Card

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Ok, so it dosent really matter at all what CPU you have when it comes to installing the OS apart form the 64bit thing, but 99% of cpus are 64 bit nowadays. So for that there is no problem.

All you would need to worry about is drivers for your system, motherboard and other compoennts and if tehy are available or not.

Also i don't really know how you expect someone to answer " If we can, how about the system performance for windows vista and windows XP. Will the system performance be reduced?" How do we know what you are comparing it to? personal opinion. Win 7 is best after that i would go with XP,. but that is personal opinion. The best thing you can do is install it and see

0 Kudos