Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 ; Unable to recover from sleep

idata
Employee

Currently running dual monitors, main monitor on primary 570 and secondary running off of the CPU GPU (3000 HD). For some reason when the computer recovers from sleep the 3000 will not come back on. Other then restarting the computer, the only way I can get video back is to go into device manager, disable the on CPU video then re enable it, then it works fine. No idea why, any ideas?

Intel Driver version. 15.26.12.64.2761

Nvidia Driver version. 301.42

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Current setup:

i7 2600k

Asus P8Z68-VGEN3

SLI (2) EVGA Geforce GTX570

Corsair 1kw PSU

Raid 0 (2)WDC VR 150gb

60gb OCZ Agility 3 (drive caching)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The combination of a video card and the Intel integrated graphics controller is not supported by the Intel generic graphics drivers from the Intel website, so is possible when the computer recovers from sleep the Intel graphics controller will not come back on because of the drivers you are currently using.

To solve your issue I recommend to use the graphics drivers provided by your computer manufacturer.

Also for more information go to the link below:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-031103.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-031103.htm

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kenny,

I have the exact same problem. I want to use the integrated video to output to my TV when I want to watch full screen video. I found the enable/disable way to fix it for the time being but was hoping there was another fix. I use a high performance video card for video games on my main monitor.

michael - My manufacturer Gigabyte (GA-Z77MX-D3H) is the one that told me to install the intel video driver (Intel HD Graphics 3000). Why isn't this supported? Doesn't see too difficult to just automatically reset the driver when waking from sleep.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Bear in mind our graphics drivers are generic and are not meant to work with Lucid Virtu in a third party motherboard (Gigabyte). The graphics drivers provided by your motherboard manufacturer must be use if you want to use Lucid Virtut in your system.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos